Tignes, the gay-friendly resort of sports
According to l’Equipe, France’s number one sport newspaper and magazine, Tignes is the sportiest town in France.
The resort of sports
Tignes is ranked number one for alpine skiing, snowboarding and off piste by skiinfo.com, an independant leading and specialised web site dedicated to information about French and foreign ski resorts. With no doubt, Tignes and its huge Tignes&Val d’Isère ski area belongs to the privileged and international club of very large and world class ski resorts. This is the logical consequence of Tignes policy and positioning with:
- the hosting of sporting events on an international scale, such as the Xgames
- the welcoming of high profile sports stars,
- an outstanding sporting infrastructure : the beautiful Lagon, Tignes’ 5000sqm swimming pool, spa and gym and the superb and brand new Tignespace, the largest and most beautiful indoor sport center accros all ski resorts in the Alps,
- high level “Made in Tignes” sportsmen and women, a sports-mad clientele
- and a whole community of people born in or leaving Tignes who are dedicated to the sport.
A gay friendly resort
The resort hosting European Snow Pride since 2103 has not been chosen randomly. It is the result of a careful resort selection process taking account of gay people’s expectations and feedbacks and the capacity of the resort to host gay events.
92% of the European Snow Pride guests who have answered our satisfaction enquiry in 2016 agree with this statement
- In January 2013 Tignes publicly announced that they supported gay marriage in France and committed to offer their honeymoon in the resort to the first gay couple married in France, which they did.
- Also in 2013 Tignes, which attracts high level competiton sportsmen signed the charter against homophobia in sports.
- In 2015, for the 1st time ever in a ski resort, Tignes hosted a gay pride, that was organised by the Montpellier-Tignes Pride and a gay film festival, both taking place during European Snow Pride.
- Since 2008, Tignes has been hosting gay ski events and is delighted to welcome European Snow Pride again in 2017.
Tigne’s repeated commitments towards the gay community definitely confirms its status of gay friendly resort attracting gay people from all around the world.
Our gay village
During the European Snow Pride, Val Claret will turn into a true gay village. All accommodation offered on our website as well as most of the events organised throughout the week are located in Val Claret. Accommodation and event venues are within walking distance of each other.
The European Snow Pride participants will find it very easy to meet each other, either in the village or at the different events as well as at the hotels and residences on the website.
It will take you less than 10 minutes by foot to go between 2 extreme points in Val Claret. Although you can drive through the village, going by foot is from far the most convenient way to go.
In case you need to go to Tignes le Lac, which is a little more than 1km away from Tignes Val Claret, you can walk along the lake. Unless you are in a hurry or do not fancy the bucolic walk along the lake, you can use the free public shuttle linking le Lac and Val Claret and running every 10 minutes during the day (every 30 minutes from 9.30 and every hour at certain moments of the night).
In the very unlikely situation where the numerous events organised throughout the week were not enough to you, you will find in Tignes Val Claret a large choice of restaurants and bars, 2 night clubs and 1 cinema.
An exceptional level of equipment, infrastructure and services
Tignes is very proud to be equipped with one of the best and most beautiful sport centers among all ski resorts in the Alps.
The beautiful and giant Lagon
Located on the lakeshore in the heart of Tignes le Lac, the Lagon with its unique teepee architecture proposes over 5000sqm three areas of mind-body wellness. During European Snow Pride, the beautiful Lagon will be hosting our giant Addicted+Beautifulmag Pool Party, definitely one of the highlights of our event.
Focus on fitness
• 25-meter swimming pool
• Sport complex featuring fitness centre and weight training room equipped with state-of-the-art workout equipment
• Spinning (indoor aerobic biking), fitness, cardio-training, swimming and palming classes
Focus on wellness
• Wellness centre featuring bubbling baths, Turkish bath, hot tubs and novelty showers
Focus on fun
• Play pool with counter current pool, bubbling platform, air bubble seat, ‘geyser’ fountain and cascading fountain
• Racer slide outfitted with three 30-meter slides for thrilling descents
Tignespace, the most innovative sports and event centre in the Alps
Tignespace is Tignes’ new and stunning venue dedicated to indoor sports and events.
During European Snow Pride Tignespace will host 2 new major giant parties featuring internationally famous artists.
Tignespace is located in Tignes le Lac in front of the Lagon and offers state of the art equipments such as:
- A large hall with a 3000 people capacity to host large events
With a size of 1600m² that can be converted into a reception venue to host events such as DJ parties, concerts, shows, etc
- A climbing wall which is officially recognized by the FFME (French Federation of Mountain Sports and Climbing)
- A team Sports hall with 1600m² dedicated to team & individual sports
- A state-of-the-art auditorium with 384 seats to host key events